Make a Referral

Make a Referral

We accept referrals from ALL AGES and GENDERS.

If you feel you would like to access our service’s you can complete our online referral form. You do not need an official mental health diagnosis or an official eating disorder diagnosis from a registered health professional and there is no criteria to accessing services from First Steps ED.

As long as you or someone close to you feels that there is a difficulty with mood, anxiety or depression or your relationship with your body or food is impacting your life we are happy to work with and support you.

Our face to face centres are in the East Midlands and our private video clinics are available for anyone across the United Kingdom.

Referrals are picked up by the team daily and contact will be made with you within 5 working days.

Make a Referral Here

Our team will contact you and invite you to attend an initial one-to-one session through our private and secure Video Clinic (we don’t use Skype or Zoom).

This is an informal discussion where the support worker will make an assessment and recommend an individualised care plan with you, as well as signposting to other agencies, where appropriate.

We aim to empower you to be in control of your recovery through one-to-one professional and group support and inclusion in positive activities. We actively encourage multi-disciplinary working and work closely with other agencies to provide the best support package for our service users.

First Steps works directly with Derbyshire Eating Disorder Service, the NHS Mental Health Foundation Trust and our Care Programme Approach (CPA) for support with Adults with a clinical diagnosis of anorexia and bulimia we work with the NHS care coordinator under our Intensive Community Support CPA supporting adults following inpatient discharge in the home and in their community with their ongoing recovery journey.

In a recent (2018) Care Quality Commission (CQC) service inspection, the Trust received a positive inspection result for our innovative Integrated Community Service (ICS) eating disorder partnership. In (2019) our joint teams were recognised with a National VCSE care award.

Our team also works closely with the Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS).

Please be aware that we do not work with children under the age of 5 or anyone who may be experiencing feeding problems, such as specific food phobias, or fussy eating. If you think you or your child may be struggling with something like this then it is recommended that you visit your GP. 

More information can be found online NHS website

If following visiting your GP who has been unable to help then you can get free funded counselling support from Relate who can assist by talking through with your young child and also provide support to parents.

Sign up for our newsletter

If you would like to receive updates from First Steps Derbyshire about the services we provide for people affected by eating disorders, please sign up here. You can find out more about how we handle your data here.